Monday, April 16, 2007

Ethel is in Season!

No wonder she has been such a pain the last week or so! BUT, the thing is; Ethel has been spayed, TWICE, the last time, a year ago this month!

Yep, it would seem that once again she is suffering from Ovarian Remnant Syndrome – which is rare, but happens, and was supposed to be ‘cured’ (no guarantees given) with the second spay.

As before, this did not just appear suddenly, it has had a gradual onset, probably over the last four to six weeks.

Unsuspecting me, I could not figure out why she was acting up so bad. Until two nights ago, when she positioned herself in front of me, waiting to be mounted.

Then the outside ‘found’ (as yet unnamed – I am still trying to find his ‘person’, with no luck, it would seem he wants to live here), unaltered male cat went absolutely nutso trying to get in here to her.

This is about the point when Ethel started crying constantly. And I mean constantly – as in all day and all night, her cries echoing through the apartment, driving me and her sister crazy, and stirring up the out the outside cat beyond belief, so HE joined in the yowling too.

Still not believing what was happening; I got on the net to the rec.vets news group, and got some needed emotional support.

First thing tomorrow, I will start calling vets, the folks that spayed her THE FIRST TWO TIMES, etc.

Did I mention ‘stressed out”?

No comments:

Post a Comment