Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ethel Update

After two days on the telephone, I have an appointment with a new (to me) vet next Tuesday April 24th. I just have to survive, somehow, until then.

Of course, she should be out of heat by then, before it has only lasted, full blast so to speak, for a week. But then a month later, there would be a repeat, yikes!

Even this appointment is problematic; I will have to take her in a carry case, by myself, on the disabled transit, and pay the $9 round trip (it is the end of the month – I will have to reschedule one of my own doc appointments to be able to do this). Physically, it will be very taxing for me, especially on top of little sleep (see yowling), also.

This vet will examine her, determine if he thinks a THIRD spay would ‘cure’ or ‘fix’ her. I do not know how much this is going to cost me. But have already put in calls to two local ‘cat charity’ organizations, to see if they could give me some help.

I am looking at some cold, hard facts here. If she cannot be stopped from going into season EVERY MONTH, if the surgery is not possible, or does not work, then I will have to find her another home, splitting up the sisters.

I just cannot do it, physically, mentally, or emotionally. And the neighbors are complaining, the manager of the Coves is even getting phone calls about the cats yelling (you can imagine what it’s like IN here!).

Did I mention being stressed out?

No comments:

Post a Comment