Friday, July 13, 2007

Abandoned Cat Not Doing Well

Just a couple of days after he was returned, I noticed an open place on his scrotum. It looks like a ‘slit’ about an inch long. Now since I cannot get close to him, I am seeing this from 3 – 4 feet away.

I emailed the people who did the surgery on him, and was told they did not put stitches in male neuters, that they just let the blood coagulate, and that if he was licking it, it could take awhile to heal.

I was advised to ‘watch’ him, should he stop eating, become lethargic, etc, to contact them again and perhaps we could put antibiotic in his food.

Why does stuff like this always happen to me? I bet they neuter hundreds of feral cats a year, and this does not happen! Or does it, and no one knows about it? (If only they had put in dissolving stitches!)

But I get to watch him, and worry about him! Poor stray half-wild cat and I have no way to help him, no trap, no money to take him to vet. So frustrating...

No comments:

Post a Comment