Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Grandson Sighting

Today, as I do every few months when in my daughter’s part of Ocean Beach, I stopped by her apartment. I do this to see if she is still living there, and to put my card on her door so that she will know that I am still alive.

I did the same today. Checked the mailbox and her name was there. So I proceeded on to her front door. I was just reaching out to insert my card in the white security screen door, when it flew open and there was my Grandson Mike. I had no idea he was living there, or had even stayed in California after he arrived about a year ago.

“Granny!” he said, all smiles. He did not even say hello, just started telling me about his 19 year old life; he is back in school, and is working nights stocking shelves at a big retail store. (For which I am very grateful!)

He is even taller, and more filled out than when I last saw him; definitely moving out of his teens and into manhood.

Now that I know he is in town, I think I’ll invite him to dinner...

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa is most definatley not crazy and mom is in no way broken, if you were nicer and less abrasive to us we would love to visit you. we know what your situation is, and its similar to ours..... poor & medical bills piling up. and im sorry i havent talked to you when you called but both times i was at work and i need the meagar 600 a month i make just to pay rent. im sorry.

    ReplyDelete