Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday Has Become my ‘Out’ Day

Mainly because the local bus has a ‘ramp’ instead of the ‘lift’ on Holidays and weekends, Monday through Friday, they only have the ‘lift’. The ramp is much easier, faster, and far less harrowing than the ‘lift’.

So on Saturdays I can bop on and off the bus with no anxiety or worries. (Though at times, even the ramps break and will not deploy.) I have been on the bus when the lift would not deploy. I have seen other people stuck out on that lift, and I have heard harrowing stories of the lift breaking with someone ON it! I do not want to be one of those ‘stories’!

Today I went to the Vons shopping center, picked up a few things, did some window shopping, chatted with strangers, entered a $250 Von’s shopping spree contest, and more or less thoroughly enjoyed myself. I came home just a couple of hours later happy & relaxed. It is amazing how getting out of the apartment one afternoon a week just to play, feeds the soul.

I would do this more often if they had the ‘ramp’ busses on this route ALL the time! I could maybe even get to the Library once in awhile. But the company that contract the route, says that during the week they need to use the ramp loading buses on ‘busier routes’, which intrigues me, as route 35 IS a busy route!

No comments:

Post a Comment