Friday, July 27, 2007

Crochet Project


I now have 10 totally completed 7” x 9” rectangles, edged with 2 rows of single crochet, and ends all tucked in.

Then I have 4 ready for edging & finishing, and about half of each of 2 skeins waiting for me to make rectangles.

I have no idea how large I am going to make it! I do need a spread for my extra long hospital bed, (but I would rather do that in thread or at least sport weight yarn) and a ‘throw’ for my love seat size sofa. For sure, I cannot ‘give it away’ as it IS basically a ‘practice piece’ AND the first crochet project I’ve done for almost two decades!

I’m amazed out how much I have forgotten, sometimes on these simple rectangles (I am making them in basic sc, hdc, dc and variations of same), I still find I’ve dropped or gained stitches, changed to the wrong stitch mid-row, or screwed up some other way, and have to rip it. When I screw up, I find that crocheting is NOT stress reducing, nor a pleasure! However, it is most of the time.
However, my speed and tension are good, they came right back to me.
I especially like to crochet while watching a movie, or at night while listening to Short Wave Radio. And I enjoy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment