Friday, August 17, 2007

Almost Off My Hook - 7 x 9 Rectangle Throw

Or almost anyway! Today I finished the 25th 7 x 9 rectangle (including borders!). It's for my love seat sized couch, so it will be 5 rectangles wide by 5 long. Now all I have to do is put it together and weave in a few 'tails'. Probably another week or two of work (some days I don't crochet, and some I just do a little).

I'm definitely looking forward to finishing this! I don't know why I picked such a big project to re-start crocheting! Thinking back, I guess it was because most of my yarns are 'donated' and I don't have a lot of any one color or weight, that limited what I could do. I still don't have any threads, nor cotton yarns...

My next project? A whole bunch of 4x4 swatches with different stitches, ww & sport, and different sized hooks (I now have a good basic set, but no 'big' sizes; no M, P, S...

Then after that, a kind woman donated 3 skeins of bulky chenille (black), and I'm going to try a scarf for a friend.

Am really, really enjoying it. And what a stress reliever!

No comments:

Post a Comment