Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lap Band

Today I was turned down for Lap Band Surgery because I had too many medical problems. But mainly because I have an auto immune disease and take Prednisone on and off for that.

(Over the past 9 years, I've been turned down for the 'gastric resection' twice, for medical reasons. This was my last hope.)

The surgeon said that auto-immune disorders with concomitant steroid use is one of the number one reasons for NOT doing the procedure.

Now this is not something I have hidden! From the time I went to the ‘seminar’ and filled out the first paperwork, I have listed this problem. So why did I have to get labs, records, fill out a truckload of reports and see two other docs (& the transportation $ involved) to be told I was ineligible?

I came home feeling as if I’d been handed a death sentence…

1 comment:

  1. Evvy, I also am old, fat, ugly, a smoker, have fibromyalgia, and other health problems and I had lapband surgery by Dr Kuri in Mexico in Sept, 2006. They told me there that I have COPD, something my own Dr. has not told me to this day. So far it has been very slow; I've only lost about 70 pounds, but I consider that a blessing. I do get around better; still can't walk far, but some. I do feel better and and continue to lose slowly.

    I would suggest you do some research and check it out.
    Good luck; if you want to discuss this further, you can contact me at bjrjames@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete