Tuesday, June 01, 2004

A Blog???

What's a blog???

I've spent some time researching this question. I've now read a goodly number of 'em, and I still don't know exactly what they are. Or more practically, how to 'blog'. (But I'm gonna do one anyway!)

I've even spent a lot of time finding 'blogging' services (free ones!), and compared what was offered. Then I tried some of them out. Finally (leave it to Google!), deciding on 'blogger' as offering what I needed in a 'blog'.

I have developed a vague idea of what I want to do (and why) with a 'blog':

  • I want it to be first and foremost, readable
  • I want it to 'share' my lifestyle
  • I want to make a 'statement' regarding being sick and poor in America
  • I want it to be honest
  • I want to 'share' my life as a poet
  • I want to create a column of sorts
  • I want someplace to SAY the things I wish I had
  • I want to explore my life; past & present


More importantly, I know what I do NOT want my 'blog' to be:

  • I do not want some black background with unreadable text
  • I do not want it to be graphics heavy (the 'word' is the thing)
  • I do not want it to go unread
  • I do not want it to be 'just personal angst'
  • I do not want it to be wishy-washy; if folks get mad, oh well...

So, hold on to your socks folks; here we go!!!

No comments: