Sunday, June 03, 2007

Third Anniversary!


Three years ago today, (when the above pic was taken) The Sisters, Lucy & Ethel arrived in my life. Such sick little babies! They soaked up love just as they did money and medicine in those early weeks. (Or months I should say!).

Though they are sisters, and fuss and cry if they cannot find each other, they have grown into ‘cat’ hood in completely different ways.

Lucy is the Alpha cat, and not a day goes by that she does not try to ‘reign me in’ in some form or manner in order to secure her position of ‘boss’. And every once in a while, I cater to this, as I don’t want her to suffer from low self-esteem! She is also, larger, heavier, has shorter hair, the klutz, and does not seem to see well. (Can you get kitty glasses?)

Ethel is the lackadaisical clown. She is agile, fast, and a gymnast! Still, she usually gives way to her sister, or me, in most matters.

After three years, we have settled into our habits and routines, Lucy sleeps ON me (once I am sound asleep), Ethel sleeps at my head. Lucy is a ‘night’ cat; Ethel is a morning cat. They only eat DRY cat food with a little gourmet type wet food on the side, and ONLY fish flavored anything. Neither of them will touch people food, though both are always curious as to what I am eating. And their favorite treat is Kitty Kaviar.

I am so fortunate that these two loving ‘fur people’ came into my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment