Sunday, November 30, 2008

2ND Round of Chemo

Was this last week, and although there were some problems (likely not chemo related), it definitely is going better than the first.

The dosage was reduced, and I only went two days instead of three. So on Monday I had Carboplatin and Etoposide (VP-16), and on Wed I just had the VS -16. (Well, on both days I had the ‘pre-meds’, decadron, zofran, etc.)

Tuesday and Wednesday, I was pretty wiped out. Wednesday I was hospitalized for 24hr for an allergic reaction I had to something (fudge that was being passed out? Saccharine that I used in my coffee and had not had for 20 yrs?).

I got home on Thanksgiving about 4PM. A friend was kind enough to bring me a LOT of holiday food. However my daughter or grandson did not put in even a ‘howdy’ visit, as I had hoped.

Friday and Saturday the ‘fatigue’ took over and I did a LOT of napping, probably a lot more napping than ‘waking’. Not much appetite either. Some numbness, (all over), but mainly in my hands, and not nearly as bad as before. Maybe I'll be able to crochet again in a few days. And of course, more hair loss!

Today I am feeling a little better. I go on this Thursday to have a CBC done, to see how the counts are doing. Wish I knew if the Chemo was working…

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Evvy. We are with you!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete