Friday, November 07, 2008

No Chemo This Week

And no Chemo next week. My white count is still too low. It is coming up, which is a good thing, but slowly. This puts me way off schedule for Chemo, NOT a good thing.

I go next Monday for labs. This time, I will have them draw the blood from my ‘port’, as it needs to be ‘flushed’ at least every 4 weeks. (Amazing, but it is still bruised and tender.)

So, I am still ‘hibernating’, keeping away from people, washing my hands, using hand sanitizer after touching a cat, etc. I sure do not want another infection! I am just really ‘over’ the ‘Post-Chemo Pneumonia’, though no doubt I caught that bug during my last hospitalization.

I would think that they are going to have to adjust the dose, that it would be better to have a ‘lower’ dose and keep on schedule, than not. We shall see…

I cut my hair off this week. Took a pair of scissors and a trash bag into the bathroom and cut away. (Not an easy thing since I have ‘numb’ hands because of Chemo Neuropathy!) My hair is now about ½ inch long now. I was tired of having a hairbrush FULL of lost hair every time I brushed, not to mention waking with hair in my eyes or mouth. If my hair had not been so thick to begin with, I would be bald by now. Definitely in need of Chemo caps!

5 comments:

  1. That's the best you could do, cut your hair and have it done over with. It's more convenient for you in the long run. That's what Mom did. Do let us know the diameter of your head for chemo hats... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. river glories said:

    >>>Do let us know the diameter of your head for chemo hats... :)

    I wear a size 7 hat. email: evvy@cox.net for snail mail addie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evvy - I have one almost finished, where can I send it? I only had radiation and didn't have to deal with hair loss. But I would have done the same thing, only get out the razor. 1/2" is just too much to work with! What color is your natural hair? Mine was red but now is blondish white.... I made the chemo cap pattern with the fun fur and it almost matched my hair!! Hope to hear from you soon. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. email: evvy@cox.net for snail mail addie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Evvy, that's a radical but wise step. Sorry for the delay. Having to do most email offline and thus couldn't reach your blog. Am glad for you that things are a bit more gradual now and the pneumonia is past. Take good care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete