Monday, July 05, 2004

Three Day Week-Ends

Still one more 3 day week-end. Though my formal 'working' days are long over; I can't help feeling regret that I didn't get to reap the benefit of so many long week-ends.

Now these 'holiday' week-ends can run on forever for me. Sometimes they aren't too bad if:

1) I can GO somewhere, even to Long's Drugs!
2) Someone actually visits.
3) There are great movies series, or marathons on TV.
4) I have sufficient food in the apartment.
5) I have library books to read.

This week-end, none of those circumstances occurred (well, I did have books to read).

It is REALLY tough though, not to even be able to get out in the sun, or go to the laundry room, or mailbox.

I watch my neighbors as they come and go. They go out, get in their cars (I can remember having a car!), go someplace, return later with shopping bags. They walk up to the mailboxes, come back with their mail. Or they just take their trash out to the bins. They have company. They play with their kids. But I don't begrudge them; I used to do those things too.

This particular week-end is forever...

No comments: