Friday, July 02, 2004

That's Entertainment- Almost!

I was almost ready for bed. Getting nice and sleepy. Then some movement caught my eye...

Rushing past my window at 2AM were three uniformed cops. The one point had his hand on his gun!!!

Well, I was instantly awake!

I hadn't heard a thing; all was quiet in my part of 'THE COVES' anyway.

These cops were not running, not even jogging. But they were walking at a fast clip. They were not checking the addressed on the patios or buildings, seemed to know where they were going.

They were only in my line of site vision a few seconds; but long enough for me to see that Officers right hand on his gun!

All ideas of going to bed dissipated; instead I was wondering if I'd locked the door.

I went to where I could get a better view; no police cars in the parking area immediately in front of my apartment, no signs of where they had gone.

So I went out on the patio; still no sign of them.

Police here at the COVES are not a rarity, neither are they the usual thing. But when they do arrive; it's in force, usually in several cars that pull right into the parking area. I've not seen them do the 'stealth' thing before.

My curiosity went unfulfilled. Finally I did go to bed, but sleep didn't come, I kept looking out the window.

Frustration is often my way of life...

No comments: