Saturday, October 13, 2007

Another Water Leak

I have lost count of how many I have had in the years I have lived in this apartment. But I have learned to check often, and to not store anything that could be damaged by water on the floor or near the walls!

Late last night, I went into the kitchen, and one of The Sisters, Ethel, went with me. As I was nuking a cuppa de-caf, I noticed that Ethel seemed to be ‘stalking’ something in the far corner. When I checked, I found water down the entire length of the floor, from the cupboard, under the plastic shelves, down to and under the cat dishes.

I spent the next half hour looking for its source, and I could find nothing. So I put in a call for maintenance. He checked and initially could not find the source of the water either. Luckily, for all, he was persistant.

Eventually, he found, under the kitchen sink, that the wood was all ‘mushy’ and in the far back corner, by the wall, there was actually a hole THROUGH the wood of the cabinet, and water under.

He was able to fix the slow leak, but said the damage was extensive and that someone would be here Monday to evaluate what needed to be done.

Probably another fine mess at the Coves!

No comments:

Post a Comment