Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Prednisone & Plaquinil

This afternoon I had an appointment with my Rheumatologist, in Hillcrest, thank goodness! On reviewing my last CRP (higher than the last one), and almost 50% less need for insulin, she increased the prednisone to 7.5 mg day. I know it’s a ‘problem’ medication with many long term ‘dire’ side effects; but I just feel so much better when taking it, less pain, less fatigue, lower insulin requirements, etc.

She may have solved the lowered blood sugar, and needing less insulin mystery! She said that sometimes, inflammation CAUSES the blood sugar to elevate; so treatment of the inflammation process can LOWER IT.

So I will be taking the 7.5 mg a day, at least till I see her again in 6 wks. She also increased the Plaquenil to 300 mg day, adding ½ a tab at bedtime. And I went over to Mercy Lab for another CRP.

While in Hillcrest, I ran some errands, even though I had a bad headache.

After that, I attended my 3rd weight loss seminar. This time for Pacific Bariatrics, (they are now doing the Lap Band). Maybe the third time is the charm. I was impressed with Dr. Zorn, who was the one that did the presentation. And two of my other docs have recommend him. So I have a whole folder of stuff to read and fill out for that!

It was well after 7P when I got home absolutely exhausted; the Sisters were upset at having been left alone for so long (I even forgot to leave the radio on for them), but I was in ‘survival’ mode...

No comments:

Post a Comment